Timmy Club Feature

Nick Boccone '20, Web Editor

Timmy Global Health is one of Brebeuf’s great clubs that is focused on building healthy futures by

expanding access to healthcare and education, while empowering students and volunteers to engage directly in global development.

This club is in room 26 during the first PRT on Day 1s. Mrs. Esteb is the club moderator for Timmy Club. The officers this year are Ella Gebke ‘20, Melinda Alviar ‘20, Robbie Sheffield ‘20, and Nick Boccone ‘20.

This club is primarily focused on providing consistent health aid in areas of the world that don’t have access to reliable healthcare. This club is nationally recognized and has chapters in various high schools and colleges. This makes it possible for people to stay in touch with club members all the way through college.

At the Brebeuf Chapter, the main focus of the club is to raise money for the Timmy Foundation. The club raises between $1500 and $2000 each year through various fundraisers events such as a Pizza Sale, and various bake sales.

One of the highlights of Timmy Club at Brebeuf is the Guatemala summer trip in which high school students from different Timmy Chapter provide medical aid to those in need. Of the Brebeuf students who went last summer, Tessa Klein was willing to share about her experience, “ I decided to go on the Timmy trip last year because I was looking for an alternate way to really benefit struggling countries by attending to their own needs other than just donating money and clothing. We stayed at an organization called seven elements and their leaders would present nightly reflections to our group which helped me cope with the horrific conditions the people live in and how they manage. Deciding to go on the timmy trip over being a camp counselor was hard but it was the best decision I have ever made because I had the opportunity to meet amazing people while working for a great cause that I will never forget.”

The club would love to have new members and it can act as a great addition to college transcripts or other future applications. And if nothing else, the club has food at every meeting.

Overall, Timmy Club is a great way to provide medical help to those who don’t have access to consistent healthcare and can boost a college transcript. So, go join one of Brebeuf’s best clubs, Timmy Global Health.