College Admissions Scandal

Back to Article
Back to Article

College Admissions Scandal

A composite photo shows actress Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman -- two notable names in what the Justice Department says is a massive cheating scheme that rigged admissions to elite universities.

AP

AP

AP

Dexter King '20, News & Features Editor

In the last few days, details have come out about a College Admissions Scandal and it practically broke the internet. This multi-million dollar plot was exposed which included a corrupt exchange of wealth, fame and influence for admissions to the nation’s most elite universities, and the scandal is being called the largest college admissions scam ever prosecuted. The alleged culprits include actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, as well as fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli. Although it isn’t a surprise that rich people are getting their kids into schools with their wealth, the manner at which these people manipulated the system is a different thing altogether. The question remains, will this affect us Brebeuf students?

AP
A composite photo shows actress Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman — two notable names in what the Justice Department says is a massive cheating scheme that rigged admissions to elite universities.